How to Mute Someone on Discord
Since you're looking for instructions on how to mute someone on Discord, that means that you've encountered a pretty active and busy Discord server or perhaps an annoying individual. No matter the reason, know that Discord gives you plenty of options to filter your notifications and set your priorities so you don't miss something important.
We're here to help you get the most out of your favorite chat app. In this case, that means showing you how to mute someone on Discord – in the following way(s).
How to Mute Someone on Discord Server (Step-by-Step Guide)
First, we'll show you how to mute someone on a Discord server by employing a "high level" mute functionality. In other words, you can silence a whole server or individual rooms only. So, to silence an entire Discord server, do the following:
- Launch Discord on your computer. Then, take a look at the left-hand side. You should see a column of different icons representing individual Discord servers.
- Right-click on the Discord server you’d like to mute, and a dropdown menu should appear. Now, navigate to ‘Mute Server’ and pick a time interval (from 15 minutes up to 24 hours, or indefinitely). That’s it!
Of course, you can also silence individual channels within any Discord server. So, if you find that an individual channel is noisy, you can mute it in the following way:
- Launch Discord and wait until it fully loads. Then, use the left-placed sidebar to navigate to the Discord server containing the room (channel) you’d like to silence.
- Now, you should see a list of individual rooms (channels) on the left. Find the channel you’d like to mute and right-click on it. Then, pick any time interval or mute the chosen channel indefinitely. That’s it!
How to Mute Someone on Discord Chat (Step-by-Step Guide)
In this segment, we’ll show you how to mute someone on a Discord chat. In other words, if you have a direct channel open with someone (a ‘Direct Messages’ channel, that is), you can mute that channel in the following way.
- Launch Discord and wait until you see its home screen.
- Click on the Discord channel button, which you’ll see in the top-left corner.
- You should now see a list of your ‘Direct Messages’ channels.
- To mute someone on a Discord chat, right-click on that person’s name.
- Using the dropdown menu that will appear now, pick ‘Mute @PersonName.’
- Finally, pick any time interval, or mute the DM channel indefinitely.
Want the Best Experience of Using Discord? Try Stack Browser!
We have to praise Discord’s dedication to expanding its feature (check out some of our favorites Discord features here!), reaching its all-time high during the last year. Still, there are some things that Discord simply can't do. That's why we'd like to introduce you to an all-new Web browser called Stack!
Stack works unlike any traditional browser, letting you organize tabs in an entirely new way. Actually, those are not called 'tabs' in Slack. They're called 'cards' instead, and you'll get to see them on your screen, all the same time. That's precisely how you can log in to multiple Discord accounts and use them all at once. Sounds interesting, right?
We're sure that Stack will help you reach a whole new level of productivity. That's because Stack doesn't only enhance Discord and its native features. It does that with any other website or Web app, including social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and plenty more.
If you'd like to know more about Stack, don't hesitate to check our official blog. Plenty of helpful content awaits, just like this guide on how to mute someone on Discord. And, of course, plenty more content is to come – so stay tuned!