How Do I Switch Instagram Accounts on the Computer
If you have more than one Instagram account, then you may have read countless guides that would supposedly teach you how to switch between Instagram accounts on the computer.
Unfortunately, as you may realize already, you can't do that with the use of a regular browser. But in this guide, you will learn that there is an easy way to solve your problem. In fact, you can do it in less than 10 seconds.
Switch Instagram accounts on the computer without logging out
If you can't solve the problem with a regular browser, then it's time to use a more powerful, modern browser. Stack is a browser of the future that enables you to do things that otherwise are impossible to do with a traditional browser.
One of them is the ability to log in on as many accounts of a website or an app — like Instagram — as you want and even view them side-by-side without having to open another window and adjust the window size.
With traditional browsers, the most you can open are two accounts — one on the normal mode and another one while on incognito mode. But with Stack, you can virtually open as many as you need.
To switch from different Instagram accounts on the computer without logging out, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Stack browser. There is a free version you can use for both Windows and Mac users.
- Open Stack and on the app launcher, find Instagram. If you can’t find it, you can directly enter the website on the address bar.
- On the Instagram card, log in to one of your accounts as you normally do.
- Open another Instagram card through the app launcher on the right side of the card. Don't mind for now that the card is showing you the same logged-in account as the other card.
- On the new Instagram card, click the "three dots" in the upper-right corner.
- From the options, toggle the "Private Session" option to enable the feature. The card will restart on its own and will redirect you to the home page of the app where you can log in with another account.
- Repeat the steps above as many times as you need. Each card with the private session enabled will allow you to log in with a new account credential.
Switch Instagram accounts on mobile
Unfortunately, Stack Browser doesn't have a mobile app yet.
But if you want to learn how to switch Instagram accounts on mobile, you can do so easily. Unlike with a computer browser, the Instagram app will enable you to log in with different accounts — although you can only use one account at a time.
To switch Instagram accounts on mobile (both Android and iPhone), follow these steps:
- Add another account first by tapping the profile icon or your profile picture on the bottom-right corner.
- Click the expand icon (three vertical lines) and tap the settings icon.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the "Add Account" option.
- Provide the username and password for the account you want to add.
- Switch between accounts by tapping the profile icon or your profile picture.
- After adding accounts (only up to five accounts), you will see them here.
- Simply click the account you want to switch to
Do Much More with Stack
You would also like the fact that you can see different cards (equivalent to tabs in other browsers) at once. When you need to navigate, you can simply slide through them.
The interface is also sleek and user-friendly. Cards can be grouped into stacks (think rows of cards). Then, stacks can be grouped into spaces. When used together, it would feel like using a 3D operating system.